- Prophylactic services, for example, but not restricted to: immunizations according to the national immunization program, medical-health education and counseling for the prevention and control of cardiovascular diseases, cancer risk factors as well as anti-drug counseling etc.
- Curative medical services for example: consultation (history, objective examination, diagnosis) in case of illness or accident, mild surgery and injectable treatment as appropriate, prescription of medical and hygienic-dietary treatment
- Emergency Medical Services
- Support activities
Issuance of medical documents: sick leave certificate, certificate of death, except for suspected cases requiring specialized medical forensics, medical certificate for the care of the sick child, according to the legal provisions; medical certificates for children required for enrollment in colleges, medical relief for children in case of illness; medical certificates required by the healthcare personnel for the exercise of the profession and the other person employed in the health and social health insurance system.
The Emergency phone number is 112. This is the unique number for alerting emergency services: Police, Ambulance, Firefighters, SMURD, and Gendarmerie.
112 is free and can be called from any phone.
12 is the immediate help that depends on the accuracy of the information you provide.
Please promptly answer the following questions:
- what urgency do you have
- where is the intervention needed
- where you are at that moment
- from what phone number you are calling
- what is your name
Stay on the phone to answer any other 112 questions and receive the necessary recommendations.
If you do not want to use this service, you can present yourself to any UPU (Emergency Response Unit) where you will be receive the corresponding services for your emergency, in accordance with your rights as a patient.
In the cases where you need a medical service that is more specialized, you can ask your family doctor who, after a check-up, can redirect you to the needed service. Through this procedure, a series of services are paid through your medical insurance; for example medical blood test, ultrasounds, women’s health services, etc, depending on the number of places available and the period when you would like to be examined.
Another way is choosing the private medical system from the start and going to the specialist doctor that corresponds with your symptoms. You have to pay these visits at their full price.
Basic dental services such as consultations are also covered by your medical insurance if they are from the public medical system.